Tuesday 25 March 2014

Internet friendships are sometimes the best

I think this needs a bit of a back story before I jump right in.

About four years ago, I joined Tumblr. (I've met some of my best friends because of Tumblr!) I don't even know how it happened but not long after I joined I made friends with another user, Marcia. We were the same age and had similar blog content, except she lived 2-3 hours away from me in Newcastle. We met briefly for the first time back in 2011 (I think..) when I was visiting other Tumblr friends in Newcastle. We met again in December of 2011 when she came to Sydney for the day with her friend Karishma and we showed her all of the touristy things. Between those times of meeting we became closer. The next time I saw her was in January of last year (2013) when we spent ten days holidaying and partying at The Gold Coast in Queensland with three of her friends. Ten days is a long time so I think it's safe to say that we've seen the very best and worst (she's definitely seen my worst) of each other and obviously seeing somebody 24 hours a a day for ten days straight is ought to bring you closer which it did. She then moved further north to Coffs Harbour for university, which makes it harder to see each other. 

Last weekend she was down in Sydney for uni so we knew we HAD to meet up! (you would have seen some snaps if you follow me on Instagram @emhewitt_) So on Friday night I took the train into the city and met up with her, her boyfriend and their friend after they had finished working. 

Here is my face, I'm back to rocking winged eyeliner when I go out! I love it. I'm wearing Rimmel Kate Moss in 09 on my lips!


And here's a lil look of what I wore. (again, you would've seen this shot on @emhewitt_)



Wearing Target skirt, Windsor Smith shoes, Tiffany & Co. ring & Colette by Colette Hayman bag



We ended up having dinner at Macchiato in Pitt St. I had a Texan woodfired pizza and Marcia and I shared a Mojito jug and the boys ordered us Tequila shots haha. I loved it in there. It had such a rustic feel and you will sort of see in the background later in this post. I loved the brick walls and the hanging lights! We then went back to hang out in their hotel room (via the bottle-o) where we had a few more drinks, Marcia and I shared some Cranberry Smirnoff (yes from the box) before I walked back to Town Hall station to get the train home.



We got her boyfriend to take a photo of us there ended up being about 90 photos! I had a really good night and it was so good to catch up with Marcia again after not seeing her for over a year. We hadn't seen each other since I left the airport in the Gold Coast so we spent so much time reminiscing about our crazy Gold Coast antics! I'll leave you with some photos of us having a laugh.










Sometimes talking to strangers on the internet isn't so bad. 

emma


PS. It's been playing on my mind for a while now, and I think I want to change the name of this blog. To something that isn't my name? Do any of you have any tips on how I can think of something? I can't seem to think of anything I like. xx

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! This post just warms my heart! Internet friendships are the best! You look stunning as per usual, btw! x

    ReplyDelete