Thursday 5 February 2015

My Top 5 Lipsticks

A while ago there was this thing going around on Instagram where people would post a photo of their top five favourite lipsticks and tag other people to continue the conversation. I got tagged on my personal account a few months ago and never got around to posting my own which inspired me to bring it to the blog instead! 

After I collected the lipsticks I wear the most I realised they were only MAC and Rimmel lipsticks, so that was unintentional! The fact that they're all pinky/nude was unintentional too haha - says a lot about what I like to wear during the day.



MAC in Angel: This is probably my most worn lipstick, I absolutely love it! Perfect pinky nude for me.

Kate Moss Rimmel Lasting Finish in 09: I haven't worn this for a while but it's a really nice dark red.

MAC in Lustering: This was my first ever MAC lipstick, still a pink but more on the red side of the colour spectrum. The colour isn't too intense so it is easily buildable.

Rimmel Moisture Renew in Notting Hill Nude (720): Brittney Saunders claimed that this could pass as a dupe for MAC's Velvet Teddy (a cult among the beauty world) so of course I had to check it out. It isn't as dark and gross as this photo shows up but I'm wearing it in this photo. I've never had much luck with finding a good nude and I really like this one (well duh Emma or it wouldn't be in your Top 5)

Kate Moss Rimmel Lasting Finish in 103: Before I owned Angel this was my favourite light pink lipstick. I used to wear this to death, but it's gotten lost the more makeup I collect. Once it dries on the lips it gives sort of a matte finish which I really like.

I don't always reach for a lipstick, I really love lip stains and own quite a few that I wear in rotation. Maybe I'll make a post about that? Or other categories of make-up to slowly show you more and more of my make-up collection?! Okay, I'm excited now that I'm finally thinking of some more content! 

I haven't bought any new make-up in a while so what are some of your favourite lip products? I'll take any excuse to buy and try new make-up!

emma



No comments:

Post a Comment