Friday 6 June 2014

Trying to become a breakfast person



I've never been one to eat breakfast in the morning, I usually sleep through it or just skip it due to lack of time. If I do grab something to have on the train or drive to uni or for the drive to work it's usually just an Up & Go.

Two months ago I joined a gym because I want to be healthier. With this comes eating breakfast at the start of my day. For the past week or so I've been eating Chobani Passionfruit greek yogurt when I wake up (usually around 10 or 11am because I'm on break haha oops) and today I decided to try something different so I thought I'd share it with you.


I didn't use exact measurements or anything but I just had some plain greek yogurt, some Honey and Cinnamon Granola from five:am organics and some frozen raspberries. It was my first time trying this yogurt and I honestly didn't like it, it tasted a bit like sour cream to me which helped me understand why so many people use greek yogurt as a healthy alternative to sour cream. Mum and I only bought it because it was small and we didn't want to buy a big container of it if I didn't like it - and there were so many to choose from! I think next time I'll try vanilla yogurt or something. 

Anyway, the granola and raspberries made it bearable haha. I also made a smoothie to go along with it. Again didn't use measurements, just used some frozen mixed berries (they're not included in the photo because we don't have the box anymore), almond milk, strawberry yogurt, honey and about one and a half teaspoons of chia seeds. I actually really enjoyed it! I've never put honey in my smoothies before and I think it was part of the reason it tasted so good.







What do you eat for breakfast? I'm interested in trying some different things out!

Also stay tuned for next week I'm gonna write a post on what I had for lunch today (I posted it on my Instagram)

emma

1 comment:

  1. I love granola! That granola looks amazing, but I don't think we have it here in the UK :( x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete