Tuesday 24 June 2014

Chicken and Haloumi Salad




Here is finally the follow up to my breakfast post! Since I made that post I switched the greek yogurt for vanilla and I've been eating that meal nearly every day (not so much the smoothie as the bowl is filling enough). I'm proud of myself for finally regularly eating breakfast and I'm feeling good. I actually want it when I wake up in the morning.

This is my favourite lunch to make at home, especially since this is sort of a warm meal and it's getting cold here in Sydney. Mum and I loved getting this at our local pub so we decided to try make it at home and honestly I think I like the homemade one better!




You basically just cook up some chicken and haloumi and toss it over your lettuce of choice! We tend to use a mixed bag. Then what makes it super yummy is the lemon vinaigrette dressing which is made up of olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice and some salt. I personally don't use exact measurements but there are plenty of recipes online.
 



This is probably one of my favourite meals ever, I'm a sucker for haloumi cheese! It's light and so easy and quick to make! It also makes me feel just that bit healthier when I'm eating it haha.

emma

1 comment:

  1. Haloumi is my favourite cheese, it's so delicious! Definitely going to try adding it to my usual chicken salads. Love these kind of dishes as they're healthy but so tasty x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete